This winter chopped salad recipe is courtesy of With Grace and Style. I have never eaten persimmons before so I have no idea what it tastes like , but I am willing to try it in this salad.
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 large Fuji apple, halved, cored, diced
- 1 Asian pear, halved, cored, diced
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Optional – toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil – [sub extra-virgin olive oil if desired]
In a large bowl, combine romaine, red cabbage, Fuji apple, Asian pear, Fuju persimmons and pomegranate seeds; toss to mix.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add dressing to the salad mixture and toss to coat.
Divide salad among plates. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts, if desired, and serve.